Monday, March 20, 2006

Hellfire and damnation

Seems as though you have to be on your game to get into UK solo 24 hour races these days. I was going to send my entry to Saab Salomon Mountain Mayhem on the Wednesday. However, by the Tuesday it was full.

Bugger.

Still, I have a solo entry into Pat Adam's sister event, which is in the Global 24 hour series backed by Kona, at Sleepless in the Saddle.

Phew.

In addition, my niece nearly made her Uncle happy as a clam. Out of the blue, she flashed the 'more metal' sign with both hands. I was pretty stoked about this as I have been trying to instill a punk rock ethic since she was 3.

My sister set me straight. Elisabeth (my niece) and my sis can sign, and it means 'I love you' in sign language. Ironic and perhaps a teeny bit disappointing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tit bum fanny

thats bad news, time for a solo only event ?

dRjON said...

yeah. i just sat on it too long....it would have been good to ride it in the dry....i feel it in my waters, it will be dusty!

ho hum....may come and support....or heckle!