Sunday, September 11, 2005

4.30 am

There is are many reasons for getting up at 4.30 am. Recently, I have done it a lot. A while ago I was racing a solo 24 hr race, so I had not even gone to bed. However, it reminded me of years past, trying to tear myself out of a warm sleeping bag to go ride a lap or 2 at the witching hour and then smile as dawn began to break.

Then last Friday the reason was just generalised insomnia. Worries and stresses floating around the mind and making it impossible to fall back to sleep.

This weekend just gone we took some time out to visit our very good friends Pauline, Mike and baby Maya. Needless to say, Maya found reason to do a little screaming in the middle of the night.

It is an odd time, when your soul is laid bare and primeval instincts react to any fears or concerns you have. Nevertheless, it can also be a time of great peace and reaffirmation of the benefit of looking forward with the dawn.

No comments: